This has to be one of my all time, favorite breakfast dishes. So on Easter Sunday, I decided to make it for me and my girlfriend. Earlier, I wrote a poached eggs post (I finally figured out how to do it properly) so I knew this would be a great time to give a paleo eggs benedict a shot. Prior to this, I had only made a hollandaise sauce once so that was the step that I was a little iffy about but in the end, it turned out great.
Paleo Eggs Benedict Click To Tweet
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and lemon juice and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer and place mixing bowl with yolks and lemon juice mixture over the pot careful not to let the bowl touch the water.
- Slowly whisk in melted butter and continuously whisk until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Poach eggs one at a time using the Perfect Poached Eggs recipe.
- In a nonstick skillet, brown ham over medium heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove ham from pan.
- Add bacon grease to pan and saute portabella mushrooms for about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve eggs benedict style with the portabella mushrooms on bottom, then ham, then poached egg, then hollandaise.
- Garnish with lemon zest, scallions and smoked paprika.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****