Pizza. One of the most delicious foods known to man. Is there any food out there that could be less ketogenic? One of my personal Achilles’ Heel foods. Before I went paleo, I can safely say that I would average eating pizza about 3 times a week. So, when I did make the switch, it was one of the hardest foods for me to wave goodbye to. If it meant becoming healthier and possibly alleviating some if not all symptoms of my epilepsy, I was willing to leave it behind, however delicious it may be.
A few months ago, however, I started thinking of a way to have some semblance of pizza again. Thus, the bacon crust pizza. I also managed to find a cheese that not only was 80% fat, but also contained no lactose.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, slice baby bella mushrooms and set aside.
- Weave bacon into a lattice and place on a rack in a baking sheet.
- Bake bacon lattice in oven for 20-25 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on your oven and how quickly your bacon tends to cook. You want to bake long enough to cook until slightly crisp but not all the way through.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Add sauce, cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, basil, and anything else you like on pizza.
- Place back in oven and broil for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy...like that's somehow not a possibilty!
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****