I know I’ve posted a lot of recipes recently that have to do with the grill but it’s nice and sunny weather here in Los Angeles and we’re half way through April so the season is upon us. I know that it’s not nice everywhere (my hometown in Colorado just got 7 inches of snow earlier this week) but it is here so I’m going to town on the grill for the time being.
One of my favorite veggie side dishes has got to be bacon wrapped asparagus. I’m used to roasting it in the oven but figured since the weather is so nice here, I would try and grill it and get a nice char and a great smoky flavor on the asparagus as well. It came out amazingly well and in a much shorter amount of time than oven roasting it.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed of white stems
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat grill on medium high
- While grill is preheating, wrap 3-4 asparagus spears in each slice of bacon
- Once hot, grill asparagus until charred on both sides, about 5 minutes per side
- Remove from grill and season with salt and pepper
- Serve immediately
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****