The weather has been getting cooler and up here in Vancouver, very rainy. That means lots of meals made in our Instant Pot either as a slow cooker when we have time or using the much more loved pressure cooker function. A few weeks ago, we made our Colorado Green Chile using the pressure cooker option. It’s really an amazing dish and we definitely plan to make it more often but these Green Chile Breakfast Tacos is a super simple thing to make with the leftovers.Easy and Quick Green Chile Breakfast Tacos Click To Tweet
There’s no arguing we’ve admittedly been taco obsessed recently. It started back in May when our friends at Siete Foods had us over for an amazing dinner while we were in Austin for Paleo f(x) and it really ramped up in the last couple months or so which led to our Vietnamese Street Tacos recipe. There’s just something inherently great about making tacos. They’re simple to do and there’s endless flavor combinations you can employ so it’s tough to get bored with them.
These green chile breakfast tacos are amazing. And because we used the instant pot, they were done in a fraction of the time as the traditional method for making green chile. Who doesn’t like having extra time? Give these tacos a try and let us know what you think!
- 2 to 3 lb. pork shoulder
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 mild hatch green chiles
- 2 hot hatch green chiles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbs lard or bacon fat
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz green chile
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 2 Siete Foods Tortillas or any other paleo tortilla
- sliced avocado, mayo, cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Season pork with salt, pepper and cumin and set aside.
- Melt lard in Instant Pot set to SAUTE setting on HIGH
- Once lard has melted, saute onions until browned, almost carmelized.
- Sear pork on all sides in the instant pot to get a nice crust. Remove pork from instant pot.
- Deglaze instant pot with chicken broth scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add green chiles, diced tomatoes and pork to the instant pot. Seal and cook on MANUAL setting on HIGH pressure for 90 minutes.
- Release pressure and shred pork using two forks.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add green chile. Reheat until pork is crispy.
- Add scrambled eggs and green chile to tortillas, garnish with sliced avocado, mayo, cilantro and juice from a lime wedge.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****