This Thai shrimp coconut curry just one of those meals that I had to piece together using the limited items I had in my kitchen at the time. It turned out really well so I thought I’d write a short post about it.
- 1lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 head broccoli (optional)
- 2-3 medium carrots chopped (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- bella mushrooms sliced
- Heat coconut oil just enough so that it's melted but not hot.
- Toss shrimp, peppers, carrots, onion in a large bowl so that they are evenly coated with melted coconut oil and the thai seasoning blend and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and stir fry the veggie/shrimp mixture until shrimp is cooked through.
- Add to coconut curry sauce when finished.
- Heat coconut milk in a separate saucepan on medium heat.
- Add Thai curry powder, lemon juice (I also added chipotle chili powder because I can't seem to get enough of it and it adds another spicy kick) and blend together with a wire whisk.
- Once sauce is simmering, add shrimp stir fry and the sliced mushrooms and simmer for another few minutes (the longer you let it sit in the sauce, the more the flavors will meld together).
- Serve as a soup or pour over steamed broccoli.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****