Summer is upon us, and that means pool parties, backyard BBQs and many holiday shindigs. And what says summer better than Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes?! That’s right! One of the best beverages made into a delicious handheld cup of cake. Also this one is sure to please a crowd of any age. What makes it special is we’ve combined a fresh lemony cake with a yummy strawberry frosting in a nut-free, dairy-free and grain-free batch of goodness! And no added colors!
Look at that frosting! So perfectly strawberry pink. Because we use freeze-dried strawberries, it not only packs in fresh strawberry flavor, but also provides that brilliant color without anything artificial! If you want to make them even cuter, cut off part of a paper straw and pop in it through the frosting just into the cake. As a result, these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes look so adorable! Most of all, it’s time to kick back, relax and eat a cupcake.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin pan with papers. Spray a bit of olive or avocado oil on the papers so the muffins don’t stick!
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the coconut flour, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend together the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla. Once combined, gently add in the flour mixture and continue until all flour is mixed in.
- Fold in lemon juice and zest.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tins, filling about ¾ of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack before frosting.
- Place all of the freeze dried strawberries in a food processor. Pulverize into a fine powder, making sure there are no strawberry chunks left.
- Put the palm shortening, strawberry dust, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment and beat at medium speed until well combined.
- Gently add in powdered sugar and beat at medium speed until smooth and increase to high speed until fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes, or store in the fridge until ready to use.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****