As many of you know, I’ve been selected as one of 12 paleo bloggers to compete in the Paleo Sous Vide Supreme Showdown featuring beef from Tx Bar Organics. I was supplied with a Sous Vide Supreme and a box of Tx Bar Organics beef earlier this month and was let loose in the kitchen, coming up with several recipes along the way. I finally settled on a dish that is close to my heart in a sense that when I first made the switch to eating a paleo diet, this was something that I made early and often. This dish, you could say, is at least partially responsible for getting me through that initial month of paleo so that I could reap the benefits of eating this way.
Because I was able to do so well in that first phase, I discovered that my epilepsy symptoms were less frequent and therefore, I was able to cut my medication in half which started me on this path to eventually cure my epilepsy completely using the paleo lifestyle. While it’s an older recipe of mine, I found that utilizing the Sous Vide method to cook a tougher cut of meat like stew meat for a long period of time, I was able to achieve not only great flavor, but a tenderness in the meat that I previously hadn’t.
- 1 lb Tx Bar Organics Beef Stew Meat
- 2 crowns broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 Tbs beef tallow
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbs beef tallow
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- 3 Tbs Chicken Stock
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat Sous Vide Supreme to 132°F/55.5°C
- Mix marinade ingredients together and add beef, coating evenly.
- Place beef and marinade to food safe pouch and vacuum seal making sure beef is evenly distributed in the bag.
- Put beef in Sous Vide Supreme. Beef will cook for 12-24 hours.
- With 4 hours to go, cut broccoli tops from stems.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 6 Tbs tallow on medium heat and saute broccoli tops and bell pepper for 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from pan and place in a food pouch and vacuum seal making sure veggies are evenly distributed in bag.
- Place veggies in Sous Vide Supreme and allow to cook for 4 hours.
- With 10-15 minutes to go, dissolve arrowroot powder in chicken stock to make a paste and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tbs tallow on high heat and stir fry garlic for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and add arrowroot paste, coconut aminos, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Heat a few minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Turn heat off, but leave pan on the burner.
- While sauce is thickening, remove beef and veggies from Sous Vide Supreme and add to the sauce. Stir all ingredients until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, please go vote for it here. If you vote, you’re automatically entered to win either a $200 gift card for Sous Vide Supreme or Tx Bar Organics, so what have you got to lose?
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****