People love this paleo style smoked paprika tri tip roast so much that I made a video recipe back in Sept of 2010. Check it out.
As time has gone on, many of you have asked what the proportions are to the rub so I also wrote out the entire recipe below. This still remains one of the favorite recipes amongst my friends. The smoked paprika rub isn’t just good on tri tip and beef, it’s fairly universal on any proteins even salmon.
- Add all ingredients except for tri tip to a medium sized mixing bowl and combine thoroughly creating the rub
- Liberally coat tri tip with the rub ensuring an even coating overall
- Place tri tip in a large zip-loc bag and let it rest on the counter to allow it to come to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 250° F
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes
- Once hot, add tallow to skillet and sear tri tip for 5 minutes per side or until a nice crust develops
- Place tri tip on a sheet pan with a rack and place in the oven and roast until internal temperature reads about 135° F for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before you slice into tri tip.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****