This is just a different way to look at salmon really. I was getting tired of eating it either grilled on a cedar plank or poached in the salmon chowder recipe from Everyday Paleo. Although I love both recipes, I wanted to think a little outside the box and apply my long standing obsession of smoked paprika in some way. I opted to use a sweet and savory combination that I think turned out quite well. Smoked Paprika Oven Roasted Salmon is going to be in the regular rotation of meals for awhile now.
- 1 lb wild salmon fillet, skin removed
- leaves from 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- juice of a tangelo
- zest of a tangelo
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- Combine the olive oil, tangelo juice and half the thyme leaves in a glass container.
- Add salmon to container and coat both sides.
- Cover container and refrigerate 30 min to an hour.
- While salmon is marinating, combine remaining spices and zest in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Remove salmon from marinade and rub evenly with spice mixture.
- Place salmon on a sheet pan with a rack on top for better air circulation.
- Roast salmon in oven for 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over Southern Style Braised Greens. Enjoy!
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****