Lately we’ve been making skillet salmon fillets about once a week. They’re super quick and easy. What’s great about salmon is it’s so versatile and handles various cooking methods so well. Be it on the grill or cedar plank, roasted in the oven or even gently cooked in the Sous Vide, salmon cooks up like a champ each time.10 minute Skillet Salmon Fillets Click To Tweet
However, since this is our current preferred method lately, we gotta go with the skillet salmon fillets. The best part has to be that unlike other methods mentioned above, the skin gets nice and crispy and that’s one of the best parts about salmon skin.
We recently got a delivery of the new Griddle and Grill Pack of Primal Palate Spices that included: Taco Seasoning, Steak Seasoning and Seafood Seasoning, so what better than to try out some wild salmon fillets with the Seafood Seasoning blend?
The sautéed greens is super easy to make as well and it’s something that we’ve made as a quick side dish for quite some time. And if you prefer your greens cooked vs raw, this is a great way to get some extra veggies in there as well.
Give these skillet salmon fillets a try. They’re so tasty and perfect for those nights when you don’t want to spend a ton of time making a crowd pleasing meal. Let us know what you think in the comments!
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a cast iron skillet. Once melted, add onions and saute until tender. Add baby kale and mushrooms and allow greens to wilt.
- Season with salt, pepper and spices and allow to cook down.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil.
- While skillet is heating, season salmon fillets on the flesh side with Seafood Seasoning and set aside to come up to room temperature.
- Once skillet is nice and hot, add salmon fillets skin side down. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked ¾ of the way through.
- Flip salmon fillets and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from skillet and serve over sauteed greens. Enjoy!
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****