This recipe is very similar to that of my bolognese. There are fewer ingredients in the marinara, and this sauce is a smoother texture since there is no meat in it. I use this sauce typically for spaghetti squash and meatballs or even for homemade pizza sauce (I know pizza isn’t paleo but I’m working on figuring that one out).
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tbs ghee over a medium heat.
- Once pan is nice and hot, add onion to caramelize.
- Stir in garlic and cook about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Fold in tomato paste and oregano into onion and garlic mixture. Sauté about two minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, red wine and beef broth, remaining ghee and let sauce simmer about 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Pour entire sauce mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth or to the texture of your liking. Use for meatballs, spaghetti squash or anything else you can think of.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****