A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I drove the 90 minutes south to visit our good friend George of The Civilized Caveman for some good times and of course ridiculous food. While we were there helping him make his pumpkin blueberry blondies, George introduced us to what is now the greatest substances ever: Coconut Cream Concentrate. I’ve been experimenting with it since for little things like adding it to my coffee in the morning and using it to enhance flavors of sauces like my bolognese or marinara. It is pure coconut ground extremely fine giving it a creamy consistency due to it’s high fat content (around 70%). This is a huge bonus for me since I’m trying to stay in ketosis and I thought, what better way to make a candy or bark than with some Coconut Cream Concentrate and Macadamia Nut Butter as a base? Since both are naturally ketogenic, not to mention tasty, I knew I had to get something going. On top of the high fat content of the coconut concentrate and macadamia nut butter, I decided to add more coconut oil to really rev up the MCT content and keep the ketone production going. The result I think is a great tasting ketogenic candy of sorts that is great for either a snack or after dinner treat.
- Heat Coconut Cream Concentrate so it can be stirred by placing the jar in a large bowl of hot water and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Make sure you do this slowly or the jar could crack or even break.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut cream concentrate, coconut oil, macadamia nut butter and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. To make things easier, use a stand mixer.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, evenly spread out macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour coconut cream mixture over macadamia nuts and chocolate chips and spread out evenly.
- Place sheet pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to let it set.
- After mixture has set, remove from freezer and break into pieces.
- Serve immediately.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****