There’s something about chicken salads that just scream “summer” to me. Maybe it’s because growing up in Alabama, where summers are super hot & humid so you didn’t want to use the oven or stove, my mom would have “salad nights” for dinner quite often. Which usually meant a combo of tuna salad, chicken salad, pasta salad and fruit salad. So good! And this is a variation on that chicken salad we would have, with the added flavor punch of curry powder! Boom! Curried Chicken Salad.
This Curried Chicken Salad is a great twist on the classic chicken salad, and perfect for an easy weeknight meal! The recipe calls for baking your own chicken thighs, but you could absolutely use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to avoid using that oven. Plus, bones for broth after! Serve it over salad greens, in a lettuce wrap or on grain-free bread for a delicious treat! ~Suzanne
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with fat of choice and salt & pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Set aside and let cool .
- Once cooled, chop chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in mayo, celery and curry powder and mix until well incorporated, adding more mayo as needed.
- Fold in almonds. Add in salt & pepper and vinegar.
- Serve in wrapped in lettuce, alongside slice of tomato or on top of a salad.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container and enjoy.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****