This is another one of those “what do I have at home for food” inspired dishes. I had a 2 lb grass fed chuck roast and some carrots and an onion, so I decided to throw it all together and slow cook it with my smoked paprika rub. It turned out awesome with the consistency of shredded beef. This crock pot shredded beef is definitely something I’ll make often.
- 2 lbs grass fed chuck roast
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large carrots
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tbs oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Rinse chuck roast and pat dry
- Mix all spices and garlic together and coat chuck roast evenly and set aside.
- Slice onion into half rings and place half in crock pot.
- Slice carrots and place half in crock pot. Place chuck roast on top of veggies and remainder of veggies on top of the roast.
- Leave in crock pot for 6-8 hours on high or 10-12 hours on low. Beef should break apart easily when done.
Update: Since I’m home in Colorado for a couple weeks, I decided to make this again using an Elk Brisket instead of a beef chuck. The method to prepare was the same however.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****