One common theme that a lot of people new to paleo experience is what to snack on. There is really only so many almonds, hard boiled eggs, and jerky anyone can take. It can get very boring unless you’re the type of person who can eat the same thing day after day forever. I had heard about the outright deliciosity (yes, that’s a word) of crispy kale chips throughout the past couple years of my paleo adventure and it seems like everywhere you look, there’s a new brand and/or flavor of these snacks hitting store shelves. But it was only recently that I decided to give them a try making them myself.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine avocado oil, vinegar, salt and chipotle powder and set aside.
- Cut kale into chip sized pieces and place into mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, gently massage oil and vinegar mixture into the kale making sure to coat evenly.
- Place kale on dehydrator racks and dehydrate at 160° F for 2 hours.
- Once kale has finished dehydrating, either start enjoying or store in a seal-able container, it should stay fresh for up to a week but I've never had them last longer than two days.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****