January is halfway over and Suz and I are on day 12 of our Whole30. We’ve completed one or two in the past but I must say, this time, it’s been much easier.
Maybe it’s the fact that it’s the new year and maybe it’s that we’ve completed the challenge before. But I honestly think that it’s been easier this time around because we have been mentally preparing for this one since before the move out of LA.
Another thing that has been working out this time around is the variety of dishes we’re making. I’ll admit that previously, I would be totally happy with bacon, eggs and sauteed veggies all the time just to get through nutritional challenges, but this time, I’m not feeling that way so the variety has been key.
Which brings me to these beauties: Crab Cake Deviled Eggs. These are perfect for a quick handheld snack (if they last long enough) and the best part is they’re Whole30 compliant! I got the idea after a recent shipment from Tessemae’s which included their new mayo: Chesapeake Mayo.
Let me tell you, the combination of this mayo, eggs and crab meat make a fantastic variation of the deviled egg. Sprinkle some crushed pork rinds, parsley and smoked paprika, and it really makes the perfect side dish or snack and still stay Whole30 compliant.
- Place eggs in a large pot filled with cold water.
- Heat pot on stove over medium heat until water boils.
- Once water starts to boil, cover pot and remove from heat and let stand for 10-12 minutes.
- Strain the hot water from the pot and run cold water over the eggs to stop them from cooking further.
- Peel the eggs and then slice in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out yolks and set whites aside.
- In a large bowl, mash egg yolks, chesapeake mayo and crab meat until evenly combined.
- Pipe egg and crab mixture into the egg whites and top with pork rinds, parsley and smoked paprika.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****