Every year when we attend Paleo f(x) Conference in Austin TX (we’re presenting again this year so you don’t want to miss out), we go eat at the fantastic restaurant 24 Diner. The past two years, they’ve had an amazing corned beef hash that I’ve eaten more than once per trip.
I made all this corned beef recently and I’ve enjoyed more than my fare share of Reuben Sandwiches over the last week, I really wanted to put my own twist on the corned beef hash from 24 Diner. Also, a hash is great at really cleaning out the remnants of food in your fridge. It’s sort of like the ultimate leftover medley.
For the egg topping, I decided to poach an egg using the SousVide Supreme. It’s been awhile since I’ve cooked eggs this way but I remember from the Sirloin Steak and Eggs recipe, that the result was absolutely amazing. If you don’t have a SousVide, fear not, you can always use the Perfect Poached Eggs method instead. Give this a try, and trust me, you won’t be sorry.
- ½ lb corned beef, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs ghee
- 2 eggs
- Place eggs still in their shell in a SousVide Supreme preheated to 167°F (75°C). Cook for 10-12 minutes. This will cook the egg through and set the whites while keeping the yolks runny.
- Remove eggs from SousVide and add each egg on top of a plate of hash. Season top of egg with smoked paprika and thyme leaves.
- Melt ghee in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add sweet potato and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes
- Add garlic, shallot, and bell pepper to skillet and cook until tender
- Turn heat off and fold in corned beef, thyme leaves and red pepper flakes. You don't want to overcook the corned beef or it will fall apart.
- Let hash warm throughout then serve with a poached egg on top.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****