When I finally figured out the secret to making delicious homemade chorizo, I definitely have gone a little crazy in using it for everything. From subbing out bacon in the morning (shocking, I know) to making a cleaner version of a queso dip I grew up with, this new chorizo has been close to an obsession for me.
Recently, I was looking in the fridge and was having a ‘what can I make and clean out the fridge and the same time’ kind of moments when I accidentally (or is it genius) created this amazing stir fry dish with you guessed it, chorizo as the protein.
It was so ridiculously simple and really the best part is, you can use any form of leftover protein you have like chicken, ground beef, steak or even eggs if that’s what you have on hand. This dish is great for when you have a clean out the fridge kind of moment yet still want something delicious.
- Melt lard in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add onions to skillet and sautee until just translucent. About 3 minutes
- Add chorizo and cook in skillet until browned.
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper and sautee an additional 3 minutes or until the peppers start to soften.
- Finally stir in broccoli and cook until done. The longer you cook, the softer the broccoli will be. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and enjoy.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****