Paleo muffins are a great source of post-workout protein & carbs and of course a really easy, grab-and-go breakfast. I’ve been making various versions of paleo muffins over the past few years, but after seeing chocolate chip muffins at our local coffee shop, I had to try to create a version I could eat.
These big guys are pretty ridiculously good – paleo or not. There’s something to be said for dense, rich and decadent muffins that you find in coffee shops and bakeries and I think I nailed a healthier paleo version. These things go amazing with a couple slices of bacon and a big mug of buttered coffee. Make them now and tell me what you think in the comments!
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease silicone muffin cups with palm shortening. This helps to prevent the muffins from sticking to the paper or pan
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar, almond butter and coconut butter until smooth.
- Using a stand mixer, gradually stir in almond flour mixture into wet mixture until completely combined.
- Slowly add in chocolate until well incorporated.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cup, filling each to just under top of the cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool and enjoy! Consume within a few days or keep in refrigerator to keep longer.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****