The other day my girlfriend and I were taking a meat inventory of our freezer and found 4 wild caught lobster tails from the unexpected meat stockpile sale a few months ago. I had completely forgotten about them so we pulled them out to cook up. I had heard through a friend of mine that the smoked paprika rub I make is awesome on seafood as well. I had previously used it solely on red meat up until now. Just to be on the safe side, I only used it on about half the tails and let me tell you, it didn’t disappoint. Here’s the broiled lobster tails I came up with.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once butter melts, add rosemary, thyme, and white wine and let mixture infuse. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange lobster tails so the cut side is facing up.
- Remove herb butter mixture from stove top and baste lobster tails. If using smoked paprika rub, sprinkle on top of tails now.
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Add lobster tails to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and turn tails over.
- Baste with butter mixture and broil for another 2 minutes to get color on the tails.
- Remove again and turn tails over.
- Baste with butter and paprika mixture one final time and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****