A few weeks ago I was experimenting with avocados as a topping for some burgers. I had just grown tired of using sliced avocado on my burgers and remembered the success I had (texture wise anyway) using whipped avocado for a mousse. If it could work there, why not as a topping for some burgers? What was born out of this experiment was this amazing and simple mixture of whipped avocado and goat cheese. The rich and creamy texture of the avocado combined with the tanginess of the goat cheese was a perfect combination for a simple yet amazing burger. The end result came out fantastic and I had, in the past, made stuffed burgers with just goat cheese and those were simply amazing, so why not try and have the whipped avocado goat cheese concoction in a stuffed burger? I decided I had to find out. I had some ground beef in my fridge from my latest Tx Bar Organics order so I set to work on making these stuffed beauties. Once I finished the prep work for the burgers I thought maybe a spicy aioli to either drizzle over the burgers or use as a dipping sauce would really round out this meal. I had a fresh bottle of Sriracha sauce from Steve’s Paleo Goods PaleoChef line and let me tell you, it made an amazing mayo that perfectly complimented the burgers. I will definitely have this meal in my regular rotation in the future!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbs soft goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove ground beef from refrigerator and set it on the counter so it can come up to room temperature.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash avocado and goat cheese with a fork until evenly combined and set aside.
- Using your hands, form 6 even-sized patties with the ground beef. This is crucial because you are going to use two patties to form each burger.
- Scoop avocado and goat cheese filling onto 3 of the patties taking care to leave room around the edges. This is so you can seal the burgers on each side.
- Seal the burgers by placing the remaining patties on top and pinching the edges around the filling.
- Season the outside of the stuffed burgers with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers on high heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Serve over organic mixed greens and Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing container like a mason jar or similar and blend using an immersion blender. The immersion blender will emulsify ingredients into a mayo.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****