Last week I was fortunate enough to receive an advanced copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry by Elana Amsterdam. Elana is the genius behind the wildly popular blog Elana’s Pantry. She is one of the original gluten free recipe bloggers out there. In fact, it was her book Gluten Free Cupcakes that was highly inspirational to my Paleo Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting creation a couple years ago.
While her previous books were focused solely on the aspect of gluten free cooking, Elana uses her ingenuity to create delicious recipes that are entirely paleo. The best part is, since Elana is known for amazing baked goods, this book delivers quite a few paleo variations that I have yet to see elsewhere, like bagels and sandwich bread. The entire layout of the book is simple and elegant and the photos make me want to make each and every recipe in the book.
Speaking of which, I was able to get permission to make and print her recipe for Paleo Bread. I made it earlier today and let me tell you, my place had that amazing aroma of fresh baked bread for hours. Since I haven’t baked homemade bread in years, this was a welcome bonus. The bread also came out delicious. It tasted just like whole wheat bread but without any of the horrific ingredients that traditional bread comes with. I even made some garlic bread with a few slices with dinner tonight. I will definitely be making this in the future should I get tired of using lettuce wraps for burgers and other sandwich type foods.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 7 by 3-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vinegar and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 1 hour, then serve.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****