Paleo Book Season is definitely in full swing. I have been lucky enough to get on the right list somehow for advanced copies of some great books. The latest one to hit my doorstep is Against All Grain by Danielle Walker, the genius mind behind the blog of the same name. Not only are the recipes fairly easy to follow, but the photography and overall layout are stunning as well.
Danielle’s story of healing herself using the paleo/real foods approach really resonates with me as you can imagine. Even though we don’t have the same health issues, it’s always inspiring to hear about someone who was successful, especially since I have yet to completely heal myself thus far.
Another great thing that this book offers is recipes for things that I never would have thought possible while still maintaining a paleo approach to eating, such as a delicious banana porridge. My girlfriend and I made a batch one cold and rainy morning and we were full and satisfied ALL DAY! It was so tasty. Danielle was also nice enough to let me share a recipe from her new book. I’ve posted about short ribs before and I love how those came out, I was stoked to see that there was a curried variation in the book. I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this myself actually. After all, I love short ribs AND curry so why didn’t I think of combining them? Even if they’re not my creation, I highly recommend these tasty morsels. Against All Grain is released today July, 30th so get out there and get your copy as soon as you can. Your stomach and health will thank you for it!
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper. Place in the pot and sear on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- Place the coconut milk, tomato paste, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice and ginger in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the sauce and onions to a crock pot. Place the short ribs on top, spooning some sauce over the meat.
- Cook for 8 hours on low, basting the ribs once.
- Skim off and discard all of the fat that has accumulated at the top of the pot.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking for 1 hour more.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
****Recipe for Curried Short Ribs used with permission from Against All Grain****